Monday, April 4, 2011

I HATE SNAKES !

It has been miserable here today with all the wind, and it has been cold. We are looking at temperatures in the high 30's tonight, even a frost possibility. I had to recover the quail pen with tarps, and turn on a heat lamp. We were in the 90's yesterday and cooking !
I heard the snap of the mousetrap in the kitchen and ran in to grab it to throw the mouse out to the barn cats. Just as I reached down, I saw the tail coiling up and uncoiling, and my scream woke the dead because Benny bolted out of his chair and came running in there....I hate snakes, I have had two other snake episodes in this house and they were not pretty, and now this...."It's just a rat snake", he says...I am beyond caring what kind of reptile he is, I hate him already.....I grabbed an old plastic container with a lid, and tried to slide the trap inside, screaming all the way....EWWWWWWWWWW....finally got the trap outside with the snake and undone the trap to let it out into the container...he is now down at the cowlot with the hay...may he live in peace and stay down there.....
Photobucket

The puppies were out of the dog house today...so fat and so cute....
Photobucket

The rebar is all in place, now waiting for the cement truck to come, maybe this week, we shall see....I am anxious to move after today.....
Photobucket

The flat peach trees from Gurney's have been planted, I bought two of them...love those $25 coupons...always buy trees each year....Photobucket

Love this big Texas star on the western house. Texas has been good to me. I rarely think of Northern Arizona and the mountains anymore. Here we can grow crops !
Photobucket

Love the cactus plants, they are thriving...have more to move down yet...
Photobucket
Photobucket

The old rusty milk can has become a bird waterbath.....
Photobucket

And check out this wok I bought at a flea market....those old disks come in so handy...just love it....it raises up and down to add hot coals, can't wait for summer and BBQ time...I love to do green beans on the grill....just love them.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment