Friday, December 30, 2011

Moving Beds

A week or so ago, Benny came into the store where I was shopping to tell me about a beautiful bed that had been discarded. It had been out in the rain for awhile, was really a heavy piece of furniture, it was all there, so I decided I would go ask if they had really thrown out that lovely piece of furniture. The lady assured me she had, I have known her for several years, stated it had come apart and she was not able to fix it, had another one instead, to take it if I wanted it. So Benny and I loaded up the pieces on his truck, really was heavy, too, and brought it home. He checked it out And decided he could repair it. He worked all week on the rails, took them off the wood, then reattached them all the way down with bolts to secure them in place. He decided today wAs the day to put it up and it would be HIS new bed. Okay....since he hAd pulled the other bed all apart, what did he want me to say ?..It took awhile to put it together, washed it all off with Clorox before I let him bring it in.....his bed was A full size, this one was QUEEN size, so he decided to pull my queen size guest bed apart and use the mattresses on his new bed..Oh what fun we had, trying to drag mattresses from room to room...do we put down slats or not....will it fit or not....we finally got his new bed together, got it made, then began to move out the queen frame and headboard...we moved his old bed in the guest bedroom...got it set up...then started on my old bed. Now my bed had pulled apart from the frame, and he had wired it together with bAling wire..are you getting this picture ? LOL....guess who really needed a new bed ? ME ! Luckily, years ago I had bartered for an old iron bedstead, they don't make them like this one Anymore...and since my renter had moved out, I went and got it As I had let her borrow it for her son to use. It is really a distressed old bed, but it is all put together now ANd I have my own newer bed to sleep in tonight. The old one fell Apart just trying to take it outside. So now we have finished playing move the beds, and hopefully we can enjoy A good night's sleep tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment