Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Old Christmas Card


Wallpaper Christmas Card

December 10, 2007

Every time I look at this homemade card, I have to smile. It is wallpaper that once hung on the walls of a home I had, I lost it to a fire years ago, but had saved small pieces of the wallpaper before the fire. It was white, with big chickens all over it, and signs of Fresh Eggs. It was pre-pasted.I had it all over the kitchen of my little house, and I had all the cupboards painted bright yellow. You could always smile when you walked into that room to make coffee in the mornings, just the sight of those silly chickens made you laugh. I miss my little house, but it is gone, except in my memory. I still had some of the wallpaper saved, luckily it was in a shed outside. It is YEARS old, the reason I am a genuine old Packrat. We have style, we never throw anything away….it will be useful in time….and it was just that, a new life for an old wallpaper.

I then took brown paper sacks and cut them and glued them to the wallpaper. I hand wrote in ink the following message, then used pinking shears to cut the cards to fit the envelopes.

Nobody will give us credit
Our budget makes us scheme
We can’t offset the debits
As Scotch as we may seem.

Not to send Season’s Greetings
Would never do at all…….
So to wish you "Merry Christmas !"
We tore the paper off the wall.

Signed ….with love, from us to you…..


I laugh and laugh at that old card. Lots of memories. I just love chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment