Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring is in the air......

The temperatures have really warmed up, eighty during the day and low sixties at night, so the ground should warm up enough in a week or so to get the okra planted. We decided we would really have a big garden this week, so many of our renters have it rough, and we can at least share the produce and fruit the Lord blesses us with...we worked all day, I hauled about 6 to 8 carts of bricks out of the garden area so Benny could get to the tall grass, which was then cut with the tractor mower, and then Benny plowed it up....he also had to go do a friend's garden, when he saw we were tilling our area up...the area will be like a big L shape...it goes down, then turns to the left for another large strip where the corn and okra will be planted....
Photobucket

I checked out the plum tree and it is loaded with little plums...we have not had fruit for over a year and a half because of the drought, but we are blessed this year...

Photobucket

Check out the apricots....we have not had any in two years, but the tree is loaded this year....
Photobucket

The grapes are leafing out, they were so shriveled up last year due to the drought, but they gave us enough jam to make it through the winter...God is so good, He always takes care of us....
Photobucket
I always stick old rusted out shovels, rakes, work tools in the fence, I don't know why, I guess because they remind me of how hard we have worked and we used them up...LOL...I am a strange character, I know...
Lots of wild garlic is up....will have lots for winter next year...
Photobucket
My new Elberta Peach tree is blooming, it is so pretty....

Photobucket

Wild flowers are blooming all over the yard....
Photobucket

Benny mowed down all my blue bonnets this week, but hopefully they will come back next year...
And my Hen and Chicks are thriving...
Photobucket
I almost for the radishes I grow in pots in the front yard, they are so sweet and good..

Photobucket

My strawberries are planted in the containers, and are growing nicely...even have some blossoms and berries on them...I love to smell the earth, love to put my hands in the dirt and watch seeds grow....May your gardens thrive and the Lord bring you blessings this coming year...Growing and Green...Love it !

2 comments:

  1. Very nice thanks for sharing.looks like you will be canning this year.lucky to have had radishs and and so big.hugs

    ReplyDelete