Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dapper, The Frog Dog

June was a scortchingly hot month...now we have the next two hot months to try to make it through. The drought and fires have charred so much of Texas. The garden is gone, cooked completely. The grasshoppers are eating all the blossoms off my jalapeno peppers........but we do have some tomatoes ! I have dehydrated some, so we will have good stews this winter. The onion crop is finished, but we are thankful for what we do have....
Photobucket



The dogs kept barking and barking...I went outside and tried to find what was the problem.....Dapper had uncovered a huge bullfrog when he was digging a hole to lie down in....
Photobucket
We were on our way to a family reunion, so I took the big frog and put him in one of my flower pots, covered him with dirt, and poured water in it for moisture. When we came home, the frog was back in the hole in the dog pen and did not want to share with Dapper. In desperation, I put him in a dog crate with water and food. The next day, as I started to feed him, he jumped out, hopped away from me, and I could NOT FIND HIM....another crisis...he would dry up without any water. After missing for two days, Benny left Dapper out of the pen, and he tracked him down. Benny caught him, so now he is back in the dog crate and being fed and watered.
I asked Benny, "What do we call him ?"...."Ribbet ?"....to which he laughed at me and told me I knew nothing about frogs...so meet the new member.....
Photobucket

Jump and Run !! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment