Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bird Nests

I read in a magazine this week that it is illegal to keep bird nests...Of course, they eliminate the grackles and sparrows...I am glad or I would be in jail...LOL...I love to find them laying on the ground after a wind storm. The Grackles have finally moved on from our huge pine tree in the front yard...the wind kept blowing down their nests.
I have them neatly lined up on the porch where I can see them every day.


Photobucket


I think they look better with birds in them....
Photobucket





The bullfrog is still alive...he stays in the water most of the time. I have been feeding him some dry dog food, drop a few in the water at night....
Photobucket

My flowers live as long as I remember to pour on the water. They dry out so quickly in the heat. I love flowers......PhotobucketPhotobucket

White and Pink Caladiums

Photobucket


Kolanche


Photobucket

Fern

Photobucket

Dapper and Shasta Daisy
Photobucket

Still busy canning and dehydrating....apricot jam for winter time, dehydrated apricots for oatmeal and snacks....
Photobucket

Still have a few tomatoes...so good crushed up in salad.
Photobucket

And check out this darling find at a craft show...got a hammer ? Got a file ?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, don't tell anyone but bird nests fall out of my tree every fall and I pick them up and keep them. I love them so. :)

    ReplyDelete