Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dear Lord, I Cooked the Snake

Old 11/03/08
Dear Lord, I Cooked the Snake !
...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has not been a good morning....I am still shaking and upset with myself. I came in from work, started out to feed the animals, backtracked, decided I needed to get a roast on to cook for supper tonight, turned on the skillet to braise the meat, went out to turn on the stove, and as I opened the door, I saw a movement.......I took a quick look, mice are invading our place, but it was a small snake. I do not even remember turning on the oven, I was looking for the snake catcher to rescue it, make a quick call to Senior Citizen's Center for Benny to get home immediately.......I found the snake catcher, grabbed a container to put it in, and as I opened the door to the oven, I realized I had turned it on and the snake was in a coiled position looking at me....Benny came in the door, I am crying, "I BAKED THE SNAKE !". He is now laughing at me as I pulled out the racks, reached in with the snake catcher, and tried to pick up it's head, he is saying "Just pick it up in the fattest part" at this point. I managed to hook it and he, the gentleman that he is, announces........"Let me get the door for you !" as I take it outside. I threw it onto the road to get a better look at it, think it was a rat snake, but I hate snakes. I am shaking all over at this point. I told Benny that I knew God has a great sense of humor and is laughing at me, Benny is getting in his truck, laughing, "I can't wait to get down there (Senior Citizen's) to tell them what your emergency was"....and he is still laughing at me as he backs out of the driveway. I have looked all over that oven inside, I cannot see where that snake got in , he was small in size, I am puzzled, but feel sad that I cooked him ! Maybe I should go back outside and find it and serve it to Benny on a nice layer of salad tonight for his supper. Ray, our neighbor, got a big kick out of watching me coming out of the house with the snake in tow, he told me I could have walked straighter....told me I zigzagged all over...NO DOUBT !


No comments:

Post a Comment