Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Quail

3-15-2011

Today has been one of those fun days we like to keep forever...Benny's brother Weaver and his grand, Cathyrn, came to visit this morning...what fun...talking about cooking, my favorite subject. Also visited all the critters...we were getting ready to bring in the baby quail, so this was what we came up with....

Photobucket

Everything was ready, the lights were on and warming the interior of the rectangular cage we wired together out of old metal shelves....food and water in place....I put shavings down, seemed like a good idea anyway.

I love old rusty tools...and "junk"....I don't know why, just because...LOL...

Photobucket

and I treasure this old TX license plate I found at the old place...1920....
Photobucket

And then we left to go get the babies...I could not wait...finally took a plastic tote with lid to carry them home in...worked great...Photobucket

They are all colors...I just love them, some are tiny, tiny bits of fluff...

Photobucket


Photobucket

And this little guy kept us laughing...I kept thinking of the song..."go in and out the windows" as he popped in and out of the feeder...he would then get in and just scratch away...they are so cute, I hope they all live..
Photobucket

I guess we are now in the quail business. Meat and eggs anyway......

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! We are thinking about getting started with quail this year.

    ReplyDelete