Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quail Graduation

Today we decided to take down the rectangular containment around the baby quail. They now have their pin feathers, and they have decided to fly over it anyway, so we have to watch carefully when we open the door. They are just so cute...Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And this one is so tiny and fragile...I have been babying her for days...she continues to drink and eat, but is slow to get around like the others. She is Teeny Weeny...LOL
Photobucket

And I am still keeping "bling" (colored marbles and glass globs) in the drinking containers so they won't drown.
Photobucket

And I went around the barnyard again today...love my critters...Bama loves to dig holes and lay in them...
Photobucket
I am going to cut the Taiwan Peas off tomorrow and put in salad..they can also be used in stir-fry ...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Birdhouse for rent in the greenhouse !

And Cookie Face was scratching her head on the saw horse..she is a mess...
Photobucket

There really are minnows in this old satellite dish...I use it to hold water and put fresh in every day...moss is a problem in warm temps...bees love to water on the edges, and one year, we had a visitor...a duck !

Photobucket

Hombre the Longhorn lives about 4 blocks or less from us on four city lots, has his own barn, and is very content....

Photobucket

Old Cocoa Bunny continues to slowly get around...walks on her knees, bless her heart. I am asked why I don't put her down...the reason is that she loves life, she is so old, but gave us so much wonderful milk and beautiful babies during her years..she loves to lay in the sunshine, chews her cud, watches the birds, and just gives love. She eats well, does not seem to be in any discomfort, and just enjoys every day of her life....Photobucket

And to end the day, these are the puppies that belong to Run-Around-Sue...OUR SPAYED DOG THAT JUST HAD PUPPIES ... we have had her over seven years...this blows my mind...I know the Good Lord enjoys the surprises that show on my face...He sends me many of them....I just walk by faith.....put all my eggs in one basket, and let Him do the hatching....
Photobucket
And their eyes are now open...look how fat they are !
Photobucket

Another day of blessings at Itsy Bitsy Farm.........

1 comment:

  1. Wow lots going on @ your place... Look @ those quail what will you do with so many? Now you pickle the eggs right?

    Look at those peas..I was hoping to get some peas in but we still have lots of snow they would be snow peas done it before..

    All animals look good ... Oh such cute puppies...

    Didn't know you had a blog come visit.. I will visit you... I would rather vist here than facebook...

    Have a great day.. hugs... and blessings..

    ReplyDelete