Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Means Growing Time...

3-21-2011

I love to go to the greenhouse every morning. I can't wait to see what seeds have popped up, how tall the Taiwan Peas are, what salad mix is thriving? Come with me and check it out this morning....
The Lettuce was the first to come up....I will need to replant it into bigger pots.
Photobucket

The Taiwan Peas are a new one for me...they have really grown at a fast pace. They can be clipped at two inches in height and used in salads...or pita pockets...or for us, put in with meat and veggie tortillas. Photobucket

The Basil is just coming up. I love fresh basil with egg noodles and butter. Also, I love to dehydrate it and sprinkle it over tomatoes...even dehydrate tomatoes with a mixture of Kosher salt, Coarse black pepper, and Basil.
Photobucket

The Salad Mix is popping up...will be so good to eat...
Photobucket

I also keep several water containers in the greenhouse for the tiny wrens that sometimes pop in to visit me. They are so beautiful. I delight in their songs. I also have a couple birdhouses in there if they want to use them. They usually prefer an old pot high on a shelf, but they know they are welcome to visit me.
Photobucket

The Spinach has come up in the okra. I love spinach salad with sliced fresh strawberries, toasted pecans, and drizzled with Poppyseed Dressing.
Photobucket

The Black-Eyed Peas are now at two leaves. There is also lettuce planted in the container, but it has not come up yet. I like to vary the growth on some plants.
Photobucket
The Arugula is up....growing and green...Photobucket

Another Bird Spa for the Wrens....and my favorite little Gnome watches over them...

Photobucket

I love Spring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment