Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recycling Aluminum Cans

3-17-2011

Today was a good day...the Ides of March...no warning needed...LOL...We had a friend call us to tell us the price of cans had gone up to 60 cents per pound. This beats 29cents. We had saved our cans in barrels, deciding to wait until the price went up, and lucky for us, it did. We used the dolly to lift the big barrels out of the barnyard and into the back of my pick-up. We crush our cans. Benny made the can crusher and it works great.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am not the greatest at taking pictures. There is a slot that the can goes in, then the handle pushes the can inside the "tube" and crushes it, and it drops into the blue barrels. Saves lots of time. We took 87 pounds of cans to the recycle plant today...so glad people throw out their cans on our road...LOL...and they try to hit my mailbox with their beer cans. I pick them all up, no problem...like the end result.

Run-Around-Sue, our spayed dog, which we have had for seven years, had two puppies about two weeks ago. I cannot wait to get her back to the vet...lots of expaining to do on this old girl..but her babies are so cute...fat and sassy, the female puppy has her eyes open, the male puppy is just beginning to open his..she has now moved them under the steps and out of the dog house...

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And old Jimmy the donkey is getting fat and sassy, he is beginning to trust me. He loves carrots and has decided that he loves to blow hot air onto my face and nose and he loves kisses. My brother-in-law, Weaver, could not stop laughing and making remarks about me and my donkey when he visited this week. We sure had alot of fun and love it when he comes to visit us. Teasing is a way of life around here.

Photobucket

Kisses, kisses, please, please...LOL
Beginning of trust


All the baby quail have made it so far. They love to peck at the shiny marbles in their water dishes. I have not figured out if they are thirsty or just looking for some bling. Some are so tiny, others have tiny pin feathers now. They grow so fast. We continue to keep the lights on them to keep them warm. I turned one light off for awhile today, as we were in the eighties here.

Finally got some of the grape vines trimmed, and the wisteria vine is really wild, trimmed what I could reach. The buds are already starting on the vines, and I was slow getting everything done this year.
I love to go to the greenhouse every morning. Love to see what is up...my basil is sprouted, tiny, tiny shoots are up, and the corn salad plants are up. Love very minute of it. Love digging in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment